How can I change my sendmail.mc file to allow sending mail from localhost.localdomain

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Sat Jun 25 00:59:31 UTC 2005

I get illegal address message when I try to send mail using mutt from
localhost.localdomain to a
internet address. What do I have to change in the sendmail.mc to allow
sending mail form localhost.localdomain. I can receive mail from the internet
but I can not send mail. I have a diff showing the difference I have made
to sendmail.mc:
22c22
< dnl define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.your.provider')
---
> define(`SMART_HOST',`smtp.comcast.net')
112c112
< DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
---
> dnl DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
156c156
< dnl MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
---
> MASQUERADE_AS(`comcast.net')dnl

Can  I make it so I can send mail from localhost.localdomain or is there a way
to change sendmail.mc so I can? There must be a way otherwise you could not
send mail using mutt.

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way Wa. USA