customised kernel

Darlene Wallach wallachd at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 25 14:59:24 UTC 2005

kanhu wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed fedora core 3 to my system using installation CD.The
> installation process is successfull and the system is running
> successfuly.The problem is that I am unable to find the kernel source
> tree in /usr/src directory. my aim is to build a customised kernel.
> a> uname -r, gives me
> 2.6.11-1.35_FC3
> I have download the kernel [linux-2.6.11.tar.bz2] from Internet and
> unpack and place it in /usr/src directory.
> When I try to compile the kernel, It asks for config directory.
> Where can i get my current kernel configuration or is there any
> alternative way to build a customised kernel .
>
> With  Thanks  & Regards
> Kanhu.

Kanhu,

I could not successfully download the FC3 kernel source
using:
    up2date --get-source kernel

I found an FC3 kernel source online and successfully
downloaded it using wget:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/updates/3/SRPMS/kernel-2.6.11-1.14_FC3.src.rpm

As you can see I downloaded an earlier kernel source
tree than the one you want.

hth,

Darlene
--
World Centric Fair Trade & Eco Store
http://www.worldcentric.org/store/
We have created and live in a world of gross social
and economic inequalities[1] and are at the same
time severely impacting[2] the natural eco-systems
and regenerating bio-capacity of the planet. Our
every action has an impact on the well-being of our
planet and our everyday decisions[3] can help create
a better world for all. In keeping with this fact
and our vision, the World Centric Fair Trade/Eco
Online Store provides everyday consumption choices,
which can help minimize social & economic
inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption
on the environment and help create a better and
sustainable world.

[1] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/socialjustice.htm
[2] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/environment.htm
[3] http://www.worldcentric.org/sustain/index.htm