APM/Selinux question (FC4)

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 25 21:12:51 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to get APM to work on this new FC4 box but am having a slight
problem, in that issuing the command "apm -S" shows this:

Cannot open APM device: Permission denied

However if I set "setenforce 0" and try again the Box goes into standby fine,
Selinux is all new to me (assuming this is the problem) so any tips would be
most welcome, a quick search on Google and the Selinux Docs has shed no light
on this.

Cheers

Colin
--
Fedora Core 4, Custom Built Kernel 2.6.12-ck2
KDE-Redhat-3.4.1-1.0.2.fc4.kde