FC4 Samba config...

Joe joseph.wheaton at gmail.com
Sun Jun 26 03:55:39 UTC 2005

I have tried and tried and tried to get Samba to work to no avail.  I
have followed tutorial after tutorial and none seem to work for me.
Here's the problem.  I set up a samba share with pretty much the
default settings, but I change the auth to share.  I have a laptop
with XP on it and my desktop is a conglomeration of XP, Gentoo, and
FC4.  I can provide my smb.conf file if that is needed.  The problem I
have doesnt seem to be with the Samba but with the XP computer.  I
click on the Computer in Network neighborhood to access the shared
files, but a dialog box pops up saying that my linux computer is
either not available or I do not have sufficeint auth to access it.
Anybody have some answers.  If I need to supply some more information
I can...