Fedora 64 and 8GB limit

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sun Jun 26 03:59:08 UTC 2005

Am So, den 26.06.2005 schrieb Ray um 4:38:

> Anybody using FC4/64 on a dual Opteron with more than 8GB and a Tyan
> s2880 MB? I seem to be running into a 8GB limit and can not use the full
> 12GB that is installed. This all worked with FC3/64 with a stock or
> 2.6.10 kernel, but a no go with FC4 and the 2.6.11 kernel.

Ray,
it does not make much sense to repeat your question from day to day. If
someone would have known a more or less clever answer, the person
certainly would have replied. (Meanwhile your 5th message with the same
content.)

File a bug report at bugzilla.redhat.com and give as much valuable
information about your system as you can. If the FC3 kernel was running
perfectly on your board, seeing all the RAM, then it should be some kind
of a bug, when running FC4 only 2/3 of the RAM is usable (from earlier
postings I had the impression that 12 GB are seen by the system).

Alexander

Serendipity 05:53:49 up 12:45, 17 users, 0.09, 0.18, 0.23