ALSA + Volume Control + tvtime ?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Sun Jun 26 04:39:32 UTC 2005

Hi;

This a repost from yesterday.  I wanted to include the fact that on
running Audacity I got the following message "There was an error
initializing the audio i/o layer.  You will not be able to play or
record audio."

I checked permissions in /etc/sound and /etc/alsa and they all seemed
correct.  I ran tvtime and Audacity in the root user account and have
the same errors.  I am flumexed.