Missing dependency when upgrading from FC3 to FC4

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0501.nospam at arcor.de
Sun Jun 26 16:48:22 UTC 2005

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 13:33:39 +0000, Edson Eustachio wrote:

> >For a distribution upgrade, _every_ repository, which had been installed
> >from before, should be enabled.
> >

> >>I think those 2 last packages are from rpm.livna.org. Either enable that
> >>repository too or remove both packages. You can reinstall them later.
> >>

> >That's questionable. I don't see livna in the list of repositories at
> >all. There is no ".lvn" tagged package named quoted anywhere either.
> >

> First, thanks for attention of all but, unfortunately, I'm still confuse.
>
> I made some experiences based on responses you gave me.
>
> 1#) The problem is caused because I disabled the repository which I had
> installed the missing dependency from;
> So I determined the repository of those packages
> [root at desktop yum.repos.d]# rpm -qa | grep libdc1394
> libdc1394-1.0.0-3.rhfc3.at ===> It comes from atrpms

Can't comment on that, as I'm not familiar with atrpms. You might want
to give one of Axel's mailing-lists a try:

> If I remove pythonby, it will remove yum.
>
> Am I face to face a deadlock which avoids the system upgrade using yum?

"rpm --erase packagename1 packagename2 ..." or "rpm --erase --nodeps ..."
as a last resort, then reinstall extra packages after distribution
upgrade.

--
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt at users.sf.net>
Fedora Core release 5 (Development) - Linux 2.6.12-1.1400_FC5