[FC4]Cannot startup after up2date

Leon Pu leon_xf_pu at yahoo.com.cn
Sun Jun 26 17:35:57 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I met a very serious problem that my Fedora Core 4 installtion cannot
startup. My laptop is Dell Latitude V740, system stay on the screen
output "Initializing hardware ...".

Before reboot, I up2dated several components likes
system-config-securitylevel, alsa, and others I cannot remember now.

And I also changed the allowed port setting by command
system-config-securitylevel, I added "135:tcp, 145:tcp, 138:udp,
139:udp".

I am not sure which change made my Fedora cannot startup, hope someone
can help me to find out?

Thanks!

Best regards,
Leon