CD and DVD I/O issue

Benjamin Sher delphi123 at zebra.net
Sun Jun 26 19:39:14 UTC 2005

Dear Tony:

[My apologies for getting the names mixed up in my last message]

Thanks so much for the good advice.

The DVD drive mounts perfectly well: I can see the files in the drive.
The CD cannot mount ("cannot read superblock") But is that because the
CD (i.e. "cdrom") is actually a CD Recorder? Both CD and DVD play fine
(audio and video). Perhaps I should just leave well enough alone?

Please see output of mount below:

[root at localhost sher]# mount /dev/hdc /media/cdrecorder
/dev/hdc: Input/output error
mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
/dev/hdc: Input/output error
mount: /dev/hdc: can't read superblock
[root at localhost sher]# mount /dev/hdd /media/cdrom
mount: block device /dev/hdd is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/hdd already mounted or /media/cdrom busy
mount: according to mtab, /dev/hdd is already mounted on /media/cdrom
[root at localhost sher]#

Should I consider the matter closed?

Benjamin