Becomin linux user ... the journey ... almost final part....

. m a r c o s a u g u s t o chadart at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 11:47:41 UTC 2005

Mplayer rocks Benjamin! thanx for the tips! there's no gui but the
keyboard deals with it..
Hey, this should come together witch some of those player of there!! a
grent thing for new users.... xmms too... ogg is better but there's
lot of mp3 around...
So.. i'm thinking, after I made all this stuff to please ex-win users,
there's some way to put all this together in a .RPM ?
grab-this-winoob.rpm ?

Uptading :

[x]  file editor with php support (screem but not yet figured out how
do dowload files from ftp)
does NVU have ftp sync options ? and syntaxe highlighting
[x]  amule for p2p needs (thanx do Teo, Joel , Alexander)
[x]  xmms for mp3
[x] mplayer for videos
[x] k3b disc burn

non open source:
[ ] corel ? no one ? wine corel 12? use corel 9 for linux ? the
versions are the same ? I mean.
corel 9 was around 1999...
[ ] flash
[ ] FONTS - almost forget... how to bring my thousand of fonts to fc4?

Sorry for so many asks, but I actually work in publicity/marketing of
small company that buy parts and sell pcs. Theres lots of requests
about a machines without windows here, in special now our governament
lauched a project calld "PC POPULAR" something like PEOPLE-PC , I
think its a wonderful idea... maybe I'm not wrong, they will be puttin
a brasilian version of linux, called kurumim....(boots from cd) but I
believe in fedora... and want to put it in those computers we are
planning to sell.

So, its possible to make a image of my hd (i got norton ghost/win
works?) and put it in all computers ?!?!?
(except of course those programs I mentioned early that are not open-source)
iso1 -> athlons, maybe pentiums
iso2 -> athlons64

Install 1 by 1 will be realllyyyy painful....
Slide diffs between ram , maybe someones with sata, maybe another
mainboard manufacturer, it's possible to put latest nvidia and ATI
drivers ?

--
. m a r c o s    a u g u s t o  ;