fc4 install a nightmare

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 11:33:12 UTC 2005

Hi

I'm having a complete nightmare with this install of fc4 on hp blade
server blp20.

Firstly I doing a simple pxeboot kickstart install.

All I've specified is  the following in the ks.cfg:

install
url --url http://diamond/fc4/
text
skipx

Problems:
1) DHCP in anaconda does not pick up an ip, I have to manually enter
it. It says PUMP: did not find a dhcp server. However if I install
rhel 3 (i.e redhat 9) it picks the dhcp server fine and instantly.

2) Having now installed it I can't login from ssh. When I start ssh I
get the following problem:

Error: Bind to port 22 on 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use.

However when ssh is starting up i.e even after the above message, if I
try to login I get kciked out before even receiving a shell. in
/var/log/secure I get:

Accepted password for root from:ffff:192.168.1.34 port 38793 ssh2
syslogin_perform_logout: logout() returned an error

Can anyone help me please

Thanks in advance
Dan