Setting time zone

Matthew Saltzman mjs at ces.clemson.edu
Wed Jun 29 13:50:44 UTC 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 23:22 +0000, Truls Gulbrandsen wrote:
>>  and lastly I do have a dual boot with W2k so I should
>> go for the UTC=false options?
>
> Yes. Windows and UTC don't play nice.

I don't use the Windows side of my dual-boot system that often, so I've
had success with the following strategy:

(1) Set the Linux side to use UTC hardware clock.
(2) Set the Windows side to use GMT as the time zone.
(3) Set the Windows clock manager to ignore summer time (must be done for
*each* windows user).
(4) Look at wristwatch to get local time when in Windows.

--
 		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu