FC4 + SyncMaster 171S + intel 815 card problems

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes nando at antunes.eti.br
Wed Jun 29 15:36:27 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I've just replaced my monitor to a SyncMaster 171S LCD one and upgraded
my box to FC4.
Although it is properly detected it does not work well. If I am to use
the 1280x1024 resolution, which is the standard for this monitor, I have
the picture fiting perfectly but I also have vertical lines as it seems
the frequency is not ok. Well, the monitor is 1280x1024 at 60Hz with
horizontal frequency of 30-81 KHz and Vertical frequency of 56~76 Hz.
I've tried to mess with X config file as well but I still have the same
problem. If I try a better resolution say 1400x1050 the lines are no
longer there but the monitor image does not fit the screen verticaly and
there is no way on this monitor to change the vertical size, only the
horizontal.

I have another computer, a Presario 6000, with the same SyncMaster 171S
monitor and a S3 ProSavage KM133 chip. It works perfectly with 1280x1024
and the setup FC4 automaticaly chosen for it.

What shall I do with the i815 video card machine? Any ideas other than
putting another card?

Thanks in advance,

C.F.