Hungry bittorrent

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Jun 29 17:51:52 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-06-29 at 19:54 +0300, Ovidiu Lixandru wrote:
> William Hooper wrote:
> <snip>
> >
> > Your version of bittorrent comes from the "RPMForge" group of repos.  IIRC
> > there has been some discussion in the Freshrpms mailing list about this
> > issue.

> Thanks. Nibbling on the archives I found this:
> http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/freshrpms-list/2005-June/013183.html
> So:
>
> # yum erase python-khashmir bittorrent
> # rpm -ivh http://www.bittorrent.com/dl/BitTorrent-4.1.2-1.noarch.rpm
>
> It works like a charm now.

Maybe I should update the version in Extras FC-3 and FC-4 to be 4.1.2
now, like the one in Extras rawhide? I was a bit nervous of releasing a
beta version for a "released" distro but it looks like it'll solve some
problems.

Anybody tried 4.1.2 and had problems with it?

Anyone wanting to try bittorrent 4.1.2 for FC3/4 can try the packages at
http://www.city-fan.org/ftp/contrib/bittorrent/

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>