Layer 7 filtering

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Wed Jun 29 18:47:32 UTC 2005

Am Mi, den 29.06.2005 schrieb Ovidiu Lixandru um 20:29:
> Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> > Am Mi, den 29.06.2005 schrieb Ovidiu Lixandru um 20:09:
> <snip>

> > Sorry to say, but this is the wrong auditorium for Red Hat Linux 9
> > issues.
>
> I didn't know who else to ask. fedora-legacy-list seems to have another
> purpose than user problems with projects in Legacy.

Correct. But with RH9 you fall into the gap.

> > O man, that old kernel is long. long time obsolete and a no-go for a
> > firewalling router! Have a close look at the Fedora Legacy Project.
>
> I know, however it serves its purpose and it's a nicely tweaked machine.
> I don't really want to go upgrading. Besides, old bits of software have
> their charm. ;)

I really hope all the other software is not that badly maintained like
the kernel (I don't mean that aggressive - just as a serious warning).

> > Migrate to Fedora - then you are right here (or get RHEL or CentOS and
> > use their communication routes).
>
> I've backported some of the packages from FC1 and FC2, but the core is
> still Shrike. Is this a "if it works, it's high time for an upgrade"
> trick question? :)

It is said with respect to my first sentence in this mail; please see
above. You are mostly on your own speaking about end user problems with
RH9.

> So, does anyone have any pointers for software filtering using 2.4 kernels?

Alexander

Serendipity 20:43:44 up 4 days, 3:35, load average: 0.11, 0.12, 0.14