Restarting the mouse after KVM switch

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Wed Jun 29 18:57:00 UTC 2005

I've had a similar problem and I think the problem has more to do with the
mouse and/or the kvm.  I typically see the problem when I either traverse
a system on the kvm that isn't in graphical mode or a port on the kvm that
doesn't have a system attached.  Generally, I can get the mouse back under
Linux by switching to a different virtual console (CTRL-ALT-Fn where n is
not 1 or 7) and restarting gpm from the command line.  Sometime I have to
unplug and then plug the mouse back into the kvm before restarting gpm.

This problem was absent when I was using a non-optical mouse.  It only
showed up as I have replaced my mice with optical versions.

dave

--
When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things bought and sold are the legislators.
-- P.J. O'Rourke