FC3 core over RH9, now no BIND :(

Darryl Jones darryl at spyproductions.com
Wed Jun 29 19:46:13 UTC 2005

Hi Guys,

We installed FC3 over RH9 this weekend, and now BIND isn't seeing the zone
files in /var/named. I did a chown named:named for all the files, made sure
the path was in named.conf....nothing. I replaced named.conf with a backup
(pre FC) copy, nothing.

New zone files are created in named.conf and seem to work. We have several
hundred zones now being served by secondary
DNS alone :( Anyone have any ideas?

Everything was fine before FC3. What neccesated the change was that our
replacement RAID card in that machine wouldn't work with RH9.

Thanks

Darryl Jones
System Administrator
SpyProductions