install FC4, autopartition?

w bugar wbugar at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 29 19:54:21 UTC 2005

I'm doing a clean install of FC4 (bye-bye FC2) and was
wondering of the pro/con's of letting it autopartition
or using disk druid to put the filesystems into their
own partitions (as I've always done in the past).
Pro(?):
1. Don't have to guess at partition sizes and do
install multiple times till I get darn /usr big
enough. (have an old 10G disk, sorry)
2. Have access to everything in single-user mode?
3. Don't have to worry about hitting partition limit.

Con(?):
1. Rogue app that consumes disk will take me down (but
what are the odds?)
2. File access a tiny bit slower marching thru a
bigger superblock? (do I care?)

Also, an Anaconda issue (?), I can complete an install
when doing autopartition & workstation but when I
attempt disk druid & select packages, I get some
window with a bunch of error messages, regarding some
disk partition (sorry didn't write it down), the
screen has a write to floppy option but when I click
it the system just blanks the screen and hangs (yes,
there's a formatted floppy in there).

Next, I'll try autopartition & select packages.
Thx,
Bill