FC4 good new tech, bad legacy support

Richard Kelsch rich at csst.net
Wed Jun 29 20:59:55 UTC 2005

Les, thank you very much for the suggestion.  However, I actually think
it would be a step backwards for me.  Much of what I'm doing is also
"bleeding-edge" and I'd doubt some of the software that I need is even
contained in the enterprise trees, at least the versions I need.

Unfortunately my "push" is probably similar in nature to the push the FC
team has.  It's the same "push" most everyone else in the Fedora
community has.  Seriously, by the time I'm ready to shove my PC into my
car, I want it to be at as up-to-date as possible.  To some that may be
a bit "fanboy" but much of what I'm doing is new.  I have the freedom to
not be locked into a production environment and can experiment and
tinker.  In this case the experiment failed spectacularly.

Nevertheless, thanks again for the suggestion.  I do appreciate it.

Rich