freezing gnome operations and loss of some of the panel icons.

Richard E Miles r.godzilla at comcast.net
Thu Jun 30 01:19:57 UTC 2005

I was playing a game of mahjonng in gnome when the dialog buttons suddenly
became unresponsive. I hit the x in the main windo dialog and it said that
the window was not responding and if I wanted to force a kill. I said yes
and it killed the window. I then hit ctrl-alt-f1 to get back to the
main login shell and noticed that sox was not responding to sound requests. I
then went back to X with alt-f7 and noticed that the top panel was missing
the main pulldown icon plus some others. I know the system has been updated
with new panel software and am wondering if this is causing the problem. Has
anyone else noticed theses kinds of things happening on their system?
comments?

--
Richard E Miles
Federal Way Wa. USA