command to set ntp server

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Thu Jun 30 01:56:33 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:39 +0800, Sebastian Ho wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am looking for the command to set the NTP server that is found in
> system-config-date UI.
>
> I am able to change the NTP by editing /etc/ntp.conf but was hoping for
> a command to do it for me.
>
> Any idea?

   Check with the guys at ntp.org.  They've gone to a lot of work to
organize the concept of NTP into a really great mechanism of free
servers, and keeping them lightly loaded.

   If you have some spare bandwidth, consider being a public NTP server
(they have the details, there) and you can help out, too!

   Enjoy!

Brian Fahrländer                 Christian, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                http://www.fahrlander.net
ICQ: 5119262                                          AIM: WheelDweller