Thank you Fedora!

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 04:50:42 UTC 2005

On 6/29/05, Steve Croteau <stevecroteau at comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm not bashing here, just stating the facts as I see them. My computers may
> be slow but I choose not to play the constant hardware upgrade game that most
> in the MS world play due to a bloated OS requiring more & more system
> resources. Linux affords me that choice.  The ROI these two computers have
> generated would be hard to measure.

You're absolutely right and I'm glad to see posts like this on the
list!  My server here at home is a dual Celeron 333 that's OC'ed to
550, 512MB of RAM and has been plugging away without incident for 6
years now.  I think it's great that through the use of Linux, one is
able to get new machine performance from less than new machines.  I
always tempted by the shiney upgrade but I can't justify the cost when
the machine I have more than meets my needs for performance.

Welcome to the community!  I hope your stay here continues to be as
plesant as it has been so far!

--
Chris

"With the way things are starting to go in this country, if forced to
choose between being caught with a van full of pirated DVDs or heroin
you'd actually have to pause and think about it." -- Michael Bell,
drunkenblog.com