Some thoughts for the future

. m a r c o s a u g u s t o chadart at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 06:02:13 UTC 2005

> >Fill their needs commentary: There was 7Gb on my HD used after fedora,
> >and I could not hear a mp3! watch a single movie!
> >
> 7GB huh, you must have installed alot of apps. Just so you know, you
> can't hear an mp3 because of the Fedora's policies, not becuase it's
> linux. You're just exaggeratign about the movie.

I mean that fedora rocks! I could not image how better (for
comparison) to win it is...
Just wanted to know why this little things , that is the usual..
I see the mp3 part now... i knot either that ogg is better.. but, my
entire collection are in mp3...

> >2 days to get
> >everything working
> >
> That doesn't say much for your competency. Just add 2-3 repos to yum,
> fire of a one liner yum command, take  a walk, come back, everything
> should be up. Of course I choose to break down the one liner into a
> series of simpler commands. Or you could just write a script to do the
> work, or ask someone to write you one.
>
> >... can I tell my friends:

it was my first time linux... ever

> Yes you can, but I advise against it. Just show it to them working, let
> them play with it.

that's what I mean.. imagine .. every bug, every thing they want WHO
they will call?
they don't speak english   : )
and you may check it out.. there's nobody in the #fedora-br
if wasnt this mailist, the irc channel I would have deleted fc partition....

> You're really going overboard with this whole mp3 thing. It's really not
> that hard. Burning disk is easier in FC that in any windows i've used.
> Php editing: too numerous to mention. Videos? What about them?

now I see that.. was a lesson to get it working .. but after this ..
is only fun
 : )

> >Linux always seeked to be better (AND IT IS for a long time !)
> >
> >Now is time to read ACCESSBILiTY and USER FRIENDLY books!! : )
> >

> Might you have some time to spare?

would be pleased, but my programmin skills are just php and as..

there something I'm wondering of,
maybe use something like chatbots engine (like pandora) to build the definitive
user-guided-CUI
i mean..
i get in linux for the first time.. online... and in the cui I can type
$ hear nirvana dude!
if "hear" is not in the db.. he goes after the world-db and get:
1.Listen to music > choose program
after the user decides about the program.. its no longer asked .. so
anywhere he can say
$ hear stones now
programs installations, user common needs all can be recorded in the user db
$new friend john, skype number 35353
$call john
-----
if you install something new.. the program can something like record
what you doing and make a command for it.... maybe like ibm via voice
does to make voice commands.
--
why we have to learn ?
the pc should learn how I want things

this is the way to join GUI and CUI.... the better of both...

hahha.. someone interested?

> >Look this nice brazilian project, I got enthusiasmed... but, don't
> >tested it yet,
> >it claims to run linux (based of fedora) and with a windows interface
> >that can run everything..
> >no wine needed..
> >
> >www.freedows.com
> >
> >If microsoft can get the better of linux.. now is linux time (after
> >all, the only thing that windows have is the community [ lot of
> >programs  ] )
> >

> >Sorry.. just wanted to share my feelings   : )
> >

> No problem.

: )
--
. m a r c o s    a u g u s t o  ;