FC1 external USB drive mounting

Bryan White bryan at arcamax.com
Thu Jun 30 13:03:09 UTC 2005

I recently changed from using a Firewire external drive to a USB
external drive for backups on a file server running FC1 (no GUI).

Several years ago I had created a script to mount the drive and copy the
backups.  This made creative use of rmmod, insmod, rescan-scsi-bus.sh
and mount to get the drive to be visible.  This script originated in the
RH7.3 timeframe.

I am trying to rework this for the USB drive but have not had much
success.  Every once in a while I stumble on the right sequence and it
works but my success is not repeatable.

I know FC1 is fairly old but upgrading is not an immediate option.  I
would appreciate any suggestions.

--
Bryan White, ArcaMax Publishing Inc.

I never look back, darling. it distracts from the now. - Edna Mode