Mirroir list for FC4 updates

Geoffrey Leach geoff at direcway.com
Wed Jun 29 22:44:33 UTC 2005

The mirroirlist pointed to by the released .repo file for
updates-released contains URLs for worldwide sites.  So, I guess its
not supprising when I see yum attempting to access non-US sites (no
insult intended to other countries), however this strikes me as
inefficient, at the very least.  The mirroir list does list a number of
US sites first, which I guess in not good for someone updating from
.ru, for example.

Am I missing something here, or is optimization (as in the fedora-core
mirroirlist) wanting?