FC3 Swedish keyboard mapping incorrect, how to fix?

I am using a Swedish keyboard on FC3 and I just found out where I
could change the key mappings to Swedish from the US mapping thta was
used by FC3.
But now I have discovered that the key mappings are incorrect!
In fact there is no way I have found to enter characters like $ and \
anymore. These foreign characters are mapped on a Swedish keyboard to
the right hand Alt key plus 4 and + respecively. But when I use these
combinations nothing happens!

So how are you supposed to enter £ $ \ { } [ ] | @ in FC3 when you use
a Swedish keyboard?
I suppose this is a problem also for German key layouts where there
are a lot of national characters on the main map.

Bo Berglund