web multimedia procols.

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Wed Jun 1 21:06:18 UTC 2005

Robin Laing wrote:
| Claude Jones wrote:
||| Try opening the link in a video player like totem.
|| That's not going to work unless she installs the Windows Media
|| codecs. Try the mplayer site for more info on how to get that
|| working
|
| First, honest mistake, not all Robins are girls.  My wife would
| be in for a shock.  :)  Of course I know a few and I still get
| mail addressed to Ms. Mrs. etc.
| .......snip
| I have the codecs installed and tried to open them in mplayer
| by using the url.  It didn't want to work.  I will play with it
| some more.
| --
| Robin Laing

Sorry bout that, Robin - I've had indifferent success with mplayer
and the codecs, but I have gotten them to work. The results can be
a bit frustrating because they don't always work - suppose it's
version dependent or something. I've always done it in conjunction
with Kaffeine, but that's not the only way, according to what I've
read.

Claude Jones
Levit & James, Inc./WTVS
Leesburg, VA, USA