Re: which drive is it?

try to use
dmesg to see what USB is connected to sda1 etc, then you know where this usb is mounted to

Scott wrote:

V Krish wrote:

I have three external USB drives connected to an AMD
machine running FC3. These are mounted as follows:
/dev/sda1 on /mnt/usb1
/dev/sdb1 on /mnt/usb2
/dev/sdc1 on /mnt/usb3
Is there some way to figure out which physical drive
is mounted on /mnt/usb2 so I can pull that one out
after a umount (short of disconnecting each in turn)?
Thank you,
Krish

Check out the udev help files: http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/.
Briefly, you can write a rule so that a particular drive is always
mounted the same way either by partition name or drive name (there are other options too, but I haven't needed them!)

Scott