XCDRoast problems

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 23:08:43 UTC 2005

--- John Aldrich <john at chattanooga.net> wrote:

> I'm having problems with the version of XCDRoast
> that is running on my FC3
> box. I'm given to understand that with the latest
> kernel, only "root" can
> burn CDs, but if you try and make XCDRoast SUID
> Root, then it complains about
> being SUID root and bombs out...
>
> Any idea when / if that little "gotcha" will be
> fixed? I suppose in the
> meantime, I can run kdesu before loading XCDRoast to
> get the necessary
> access...
>
> --

Run xcdroast first as root user and save the
configuration.  Then log in as regular user and set up
the configuration and save it.  XCDroast should now
work properly, assuming that udev is/has been updated
to the latest version.  Also you can download xcdroast
latest update too and run it.  The problems should go
away.

Best regards,

Antonio