Wireless suggestion - tired of madwifi

Charles E Taylor IV tomalek at mindspring.com
Thu Jun 2 03:42:35 UTC 2005

On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 21:14:46 -0400
Bill Johnson <bill at johnsonacres.com> wrote:

> My question for the list - is there a PCMCIA 802.11B or G card that will
>  work with Fedora Core RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX?  In other words, I want to
> just plug it in and configure it using the built in network
> configuration tools of fedora, with out having to compile or make or any
> other such stuff.

I've had good luck with certain models of card with the prism54 driver.
Basically, all you do is download a firmware file to /lib/firmware and
then plug in the card.

Only problem was finding a card that actually had a supported chipset.
Ended up purchasing one at Circuit City.

See http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/wg511.html for details.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek at mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry instructor / Mad scientist / Linux enthusiast!