Fonts messed with new "freetype" upgrade

I had great fonts in Firefox with FC3. Today I did a yum update and new freetypes package was installed. Fonts look bad now and can't seem to get good ones back. (Of course "great" and "bad" are subjective.) My fonts were set (I think) to Bitstream Sans/Serif. Tried others on list (Luxi, etc) and still not good. Now they are wide-spaced and not as dark. Any idea where my "good" fonts went or how to get them back?

-gene