Re: output of tar

Lai Zit Seng schrieb:
On Mon, 30 May 2005, [ISO-8859-15] Götz Reinicke wrote:

I have some backupscripts, which save the backup onto an NFS-mounted share. From time to time, the backup quits with an error:

/bin/tar: /export/servers/home/home-Sun.tar: Cannot open: Input/output error
/bin/tar: Error is not recoverable: exiting now

How can I get more info on why the backup failes?

Any ideas?

Do your system logs give any hint about NFS problems? Perhaps you lost connectivity to the NFS server, or something else mucked up.

No, there are no hints in the log. :-(

Regards

Götz
--