pjl2pdf

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu Jun 2 08:03:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-02 at 09:58 +0200, roland brouwers wrote:

> Subject: Re: pjl2pdf
>
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 11:33:34PM +0200, roland brouwers wrote:
> >    Is there anybody who could tell me if there is a program that
> converts pcl
> >    to pdf OR Ps to pdf?
>
> There's always ps2pdf, included with the ghostscript package.
> ===============================
> May I ask you, what is the ghostscript package?
>
> Thanks for your patience

$ rpm -qi ghostscript
Name        : ghostscript                  Relocations: (not
relocatable)
Version     : 7.07                              Vendor: Red Hat, Inc.
Release     : 33                            Build Date: Wed 20 Oct 2004
11:33:31 BST
Install Date: Tue 09 Nov 2004 20:58:40 GMT      Build Host:
tweety.build.redhat.com
Group       : Applications/Publishing       Source RPM:
ghostscript-7.07-33.src.rpm
Size        : 24927749                         License: GPL
Signature   : DSA/SHA1, Wed 20 Oct 2004 17:56:39 BST, Key ID
b44269d04f2a6fd2
Packager    : Red Hat, Inc. <http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla>
URL         : http://www.ghostscript.com/doc/gnu/
Summary     : A PostScript(TM) interpreter and renderer.
Description :
Ghostscript is a set of software that provides a PostScript(TM)
interpreter, a set of C procedures (the Ghostscript library, which
implements the graphics capabilities in the PostScript language) and
an interpreter for Portable Document Format (PDF) files. Ghostscript
translates PostScript code into many common, bitmapped formats, like
those understood by your printer or screen. Ghostscript is normally
used to display PostScript files and to print PostScript files to
non-PostScript printers.

If you need to display PostScript files or print them to
non-PostScript printers, you should install ghostscript. If you
install ghostscript, you also need to install the ghostscript-fonts
package.

Paul.
--
Paul Howarth <paul at city-fan.org>