Re: xorg blowup

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005, James Pifer wrote:

Here's another oddity. If I'm not in X I can hit Fn-F4 and turn the
laptop's display off so the screen is only on the external display. As
soon as I startx the laptop display comes back on, so both are on, and
Fn-F4 does nothing.

The xorg Radeon driver doesn't currently support switching between LCD and CRT displays. That's apparently a regression from XFree86, so we can hope it will be fixed eventually.

There's a package called radeontool (see Dag's repo) that can control the backlight and video-out power manually, but it's a bit of a hack.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu