Re: Japanese Input with iiimf

Alexander Apprich wrote:

Hi Mark,

Mark Sargent wrote:

Hi All,

chose iiimf, and restarted x server, but, nothing in the way of any way to use J in apps. I was expecting to see a small app appear on the bottom panel. Have I missed something.? Cheers.

I have a small script to start applications using japanese fonts and stuff

apprich elmstreet bin $ cat thunderbird-jp
#!/bin/sh
export LC_ALL=ja_JP
export LANG=ja_JP.eucJP
export XMODIFIERS='@im=kinput2'
kinput2 -canna &
thunderbird

Mark Sargent.

Hth

Alex

Hi All,

Alex, does that script start the app with menus in J or just allows J input into the app..? I wish for the latter, for now. Cheers.

Mark Sargent.