apache account to run cronjob ?

M E Fieu sibu168 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 2 18:13:39 UTC 2005

Hi.. In FC, I need to generate some data using cron
job and display on the web page. I use root to run
cron job and generate the data and those file are of
rwxr-x-r-x so the apache user can execute and display
it on the web.

But because of the senstivity of those data, I used
.htaccess method to protect the web folder. But
because those file are in rwxr-xr-x, any non-user can
login in to the box can still read it.

How to settle this issue.  Use apache to run cron job
to generate those file ? But my apache user account
has no shell configured. /bin/nologin  I need to
enable its shell ?