MyOSS Magazine - Edition 2 Available Now

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Thu Jun 2 22:47:14 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 01 June 2005 11:44 pm, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Okay.. Now this is a first I've heard of. I printed a few copies on an
> HP ColorLaserJet (can't remember the Model) and it came out in like 10
> min.
>
> HP LaserJet 5N also no issues.
>
> Is this a bubblejet? Acroread/Acrobat/xpdf/gpdf?? Would be good to know
> if it's the printer or the pdf or the pdf app.
>
> What if you print a NON graphic page? How long that does take?
>
> 36 pages = 3 hours = 1 hour ~10pages = ~5 min per page??

I'm sorry, I misspoke. The HP8000 is black & white. I printed on the HP4600,
an intermediate level business color laser printer. I print pdf's and manuals
and long things like this all the time. I just printed the .pdf for Firewall
Builder, about 113 pages. I didn't time it but it was under an hour, and that
was doing two sided, which I also did with your magazine. We don't use this
printer for non-graphic pages - it was bought specifically for doing color
graphics. The software was Acrobat, ver 6.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA