rpm -qi --changelog tcp_wrappers

Markku Kolkka markkuk at tuubi.net
Fri Jun 3 10:09:56 UTC 2005

Jude DaShiell kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika perjantai, 3.
kesäkuuta 2005 08:02):
> By the way, I've
> been told by my friend when you finally do get tcp_wrappers
> properly installed and set up one of the things it does is to
> log all traffic in and out of all ports on a computer

Your friend is seriously mistaken. tcp_wrappers works on only
incoming service requests (that haven't already been blocked by
iptables) and only for those applications that have been
specifically configured to use tcp_wrappers.

> I take it probably md5sums or crc32
> checks also happen and become part of those records

tcp_wrappers uses the standard Unix/Linux system logging facility
which stores the logs as normal editable text files. Md5sums or
crc32 wouldn't protect agains tampering anyway, you need digital
signatures for that.

--
 Markku Kolkka
 markku.kolkka at iki.fi