ide-detect

Sorry, I was confused with Debian, which I also tried to install.
Fedora install hangs on "running /sbin/loader".
I have an Asus A7N8X deluxe motherbord with a AMD Athlon XP 3000+ processor.
I have 2 harddisks, both from Western Digital. One is a normal ide 80 GB and the other is a 36 GB sata-disk.
Unfortunately I have no log-files because I cannot read the Linux-partitions from windows, the only OS that will work on my pc right now.
Is this enough information to be able to help me?
Many thanks in advance.

Maarten W. Boomstra