Re: Trying to load Fedora 3 on a gateway computer

I used Nero to burn it and i burned it like a data cd. I will try it again with the burn image and see what happens. Thanks
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew Miller" <mattdm mattdm org>
To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list redhat com>
Sent: Saturday, June 04, 2005 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: Trying to load Fedora 3 on a gateway computer

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 10:09:24AM -0500, David Ganger wrote:
Hi, I am a newbie at linux and want to install it on a 950mhz,
nevertheless i burned an iso disk from the download server and have tried
to get it to boot on a 40 gig hard drive. Instead it doesn't do anything
and just sits there or locks up. Any ideas on what is going wrong would be
appreciated. I don't know if the iso disks are bad or what is going on. I
also have the computer booting from the cd first. Thanks

How are you burning the iso? You have to use your CD program's "burn image"
or "create CD from ISO" feature -- make sure you're not just creating a CD
with a copy of the .iso file on it.