ACPI works... but the battery applet doesn't...

I've done a fresh FC3 install... I've an Acer TravelMate 2301LM notebook,
with Celeron M processor.
With acpi I can see processor informations and temperature, I can capture
the power button pression (running script in /etc/acpi/events directory).
The only thing I can see are battery and AC status.
/proc/acpi/battery and /proc/acpi/AC_Adapter directories are empty, and when
I try to add a Battery Status applet on Gnome bar, it says that "battery is
not present"... it's false, because battery is inside or AC power is
connected.
What can you advice me? Is there a workaround?
Thank you,

Piero