Re: Building RPM inside application source dir

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

echo "%_topdir `pwd`" >.rpmmacros mkdir RPMS SRPMS SOURCES SPECS BUILD

Now, run rpmbuild from the current directory.

But that will overwrite my current .rpmmacros file, which I need for the 'normal' rpm build structure that I use.
Isn't there a more non-destructive way? :) Preferably it should work on other users systems too. I think it's bad to make assumptions on there .rpmmacros file....

Thanks for your reply,

Remco Poelstra