Re: Building RPM inside application source dir

Remco Poelstra writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:

echo "%_topdir `pwd`" >.rpmmacros mkdir RPMS SRPMS SOURCES SPECS BUILD

Now, run rpmbuild from the current directory.

But that will overwrite my current .rpmmacros file, which I need for the 'normal' rpm build structure that I use.

Big deal. Create a subdirectory, and do this inside it.