mysql version in FC3

Bob Hartung rwhart at mchsi.com
Mon Jun 6 00:45:33 UTC 2005

Hi all,
   I am stumbling around trying to learn PHP & MySQL.  FC3, as of the
latest updates, is using mysql-server-3.23.58-16, etc.  I note that the
recommended version to use, according to the MySQL site is 4.11.  I see
no identifiable RPMs for FC3 with this version numbering.

   Is there a reason for the delay in updating MySQL RPMs for FC3 or
should I just go ahead to rpmfind.net and grab the 4.11 versions that
are just listed as being for Fedora Core (version not specified). Note
that the older RPMs are listed as specifically for FC3.

   This is a little confusing to me.  My tutorial is all based on MySQL
ver. >4.

Thanks,

Bob Hartung