mysql version in FC3

bruce bedouglas at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 6 04:21:51 UTC 2005

bob...

trying to mix/match rpms for different apps can have wierd results
sometimes... if you're just using mysql, as a stand alone app, you could
grab the latest with no problems.. but if you're running apache with
php/mysql functionality linked into the server, you need to be careful.
ultimately, you're probably going to run into a situation where you need to
build php-mysql in order to get the 'right' situation to work.

if you're going to run at a given version of php then you should be ok. if,
on the other hand, you mix versions, then you might have some issues. this
could come into effect if you have the mysql server on one box, but you have
php and mysql libs on another box with a different version of php/mysql.

so, be careful...

-bruce