how can you verify that the site you get is not a fake?

Michael Hennebry hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu
Mon Jun 6 16:39:49 UTC 2005

On Mon, 6 Jun 2005, Matthew Miller wrote:

> A bank I used switch systems and changed everyone's username to be
> six-letters-of-last-name+year-of-birth and set the passwords to last four
> digits of social security number. I called up and complained, but they
> didn't see a problem with this even after I explained very carefully.
>
> Needless to say, I switched banks.

Absent corrective action by the bank, it seems to me that
the complaint should have gone to an attorney general.
In the unlikely event that the bank had not behaved illegally,
an attorney general can still investigate to see if additional
regulations are needed.

--
Mike   hennebry at web.cs.ndsu.NoDak.edu
"There are three kinds of people,