Evolution Webcal Write Access

Chris Stark cstark at hawaii.edu
Tue Jun 7 02:37:46 UTC 2005

Greetings,

I am a KDE user (FC3) and I have been using Kontact as my Mail/Calendar/To-Do
client for several months, but I must admit mounting frustration over its
instability. Pretty much every time I launch the software or switch between
components (mail, summary, calendar, etc), all of my subscribed Web calendars
become unselected, and their respective events drop off of my calendar views.
It's not catastrophic, but it's irritating enough to make me want to use
something else.

Evolution seems like a very refined and stable alternative. The mail functions
haven't given me any headaches, and the calendars seem fairly solid. What I
cannot figure out is how to publish events and appointments to a web calendar
using Evolution. Is it possible? When I try, the options are grayed out. The
documentation is a bit lacking in detail in the calendar section. Is there a
trick to making it work?

I use several different workstations over the course of a day (work, home,
mobile) and it would be quite nice to have a reliable shared calendar system
between them all. Any ideas?

Aloha,
--
Chris Stark