Re: Disable Middle mouse button?

At 10:01 PM -0400 6/6/05, Peter Arremann wrote:
>On Monday 06 June 2005 22:01, Tony Nelson wrote:
>> I would like to disable my middle mouse button
>It's beyond me to understand why you would do that - it makes it so easy to
>cut and paste stuff... highlite a URL, middle mouse button on the background
>of a mozilla windows and off you go...
>
>But anyway, run system-config-mouse and select a 2 button mouse... Haven't
>tried it, but it should work...

Nope, didn't change anything.  It was set to 3 Button Mouse; I tried Wheel
Mouse with no effect, 2 Button Mouse with no effect, left it there and
rebooted just to be sure, but even set to 2 Button Mouse, clicking the
wheel does the middle button click (and rolling the wheen still scrolls).
I've put it back to 3 Button Mouse just in case.

I think what I need to do is change the X behavior when the button is
clicked, but I have no idea how to do it.