Re: dump a package list

Eric Persson wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to dump a package list, and then take the list and use as a package-list-template on a new server?

I've thought about it and I'm unsure if the order of the packages on the list would matter since, packages in the beginning might depend on the ones at the end, and if so they would fail to install and give an even messier dependency problem.

Is a rpm -qa >package_list sufficient? How should I then proceed to install the packages on the list?

Best regards, Eric

You may want to take a look at Kickstart (included with FC):
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/ch-kickstart2.html