No regression line formulas in Office.org calc

I'm new to Linux and am generally impressed, but disappointed that when you create an xy chart in calc, you can plot a regression curve but cannot get the formula for the curve, as you can with Microsoft Excel or Lotus. Am I missing something, or does anyone know another Linux program that will do this? I frequently need this in my work.